Monday, October 23, 2006

Civility?

Yeah. Got your civility right here. Lesley Stahl interviews Nancy Pelosi, via Crooks and Liars:
"As correspondent Lesley Stahl reports, she keeps promising that if she becomes Speaker, she would bring civility back to Washington: just not now. Pelosi has called her Republican colleagues “immoral' and 'corrupt,' and has said they're running a criminal enterprise." Nancy Pelosi: Two Heartbeats Away
"'I mean, you're one of the reasons we have to restore civility in the first place,' Stahl remarks." And you're calling them names!! "'Well actually, when I called them those names, I was being gentle,' Pelosi says. 'There are much worse things I could've said about them.'" "I mean, here are some of the things – only some of the things you have called [George], 'an incompetent leader,'" Stahl says. 'You said, 'In fact, he's not a leader. He's a person who has no judgment.'" "'That's right,' Pelosi says", but it's not personal. Lesley suggests that it sounds a mite personal. Boo, hoo, hoo, says Nancy. "'Well, I'm sorry, that's his problem.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment